- you suffer from an inherited weakness of the connective tissue. This is often the case when varicose veins and other venous diseases exist in your immediate family.
- you exercise a profession in which you must regularly sit, stand or kneel for a long time. The joint and muscle pumps only work fully when you are in motion. Muscle activity ensures venous circulation.
- you suffer from chronic constipation. The pressure on the abdominal space increases, the veins are even more overloaded.
- you regularly drink (too much) alcohol. Alcohol dilates the veins.
- you are pregnant or have just given birth, take the pill or a hormonal preparation for menopause. Hormonal changes favor varicose veins.
Compression garments are also to be considered if you recognize yourself in these categories:
During long air travel, wearing compression stockings helps prevent leg pain and swelling in the feet and ankles.